Our Lord appeared to St. Margaret Mary and revealed devotions to His Sacred Heart. She was favoured with many apparitions, the most special ones took place between 1673 and 1675.
Jesus appeared as St. Margaret was praying before the Blessed
Sacrament and revealed the Love of His Sacred Heart for
He requested her to receive Him in Holy Communion of the first Friday of every month and to meditate the passion on Thursdays between 11 and 12 p.m.
"And He showed me that it was His great desire of being loved by men and of withdrawing them from the path of ruin into which Satan hurls such crowds of them, that made Him form the design of manifesting His Heart to men."
As Good Catholics, we should honour the Sacred Heart of Jesus by doing this devotion for 9 consecutive Fridays and then by attending Holy Communion as often as possible, daily if our gift is such, we must enthrone an image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in our homes as Our King and also an image of the Immaculate Heart of Mary our Mother and Queen.
We should also practice devotions to the Immaculate Heart of Mary on the First Saturdays of the months as she has requested through Sister Lucy.
PROMISES OF OUR LORD
"I promise you, in the excessive mercy of my heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Friday for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance; they shall not die in my disgrace nor without receiving the sacraments; my divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in that last moment."
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state in life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of death.
5. I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
9. I will bless the homes in which the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honoured.
10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who propagate this devotion shall have their name written in My Heart, and it shall never be effaced.
12. The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under My displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Heart shall be their assured refuge at the last hour.
St Margaret Mary Alacoque
Sacred Heart of Jesus - the twelve promises