Our Lord appeared to Sister Marie of St Peter, a Discalced Carmelite nun of Tours, France in 1843. Jesus revealed to her a beautiful devotion to His Holy Face, He also made some promises for those who honour that devotion. At the same time He gave her the Golden arrow prayer, as Jesus complained about the sins of blasphemy and the profanation of Sundays. He said that those sins pierce His heart with a poisoned arrow. After reciting the Golden arrow prayer, Sister Mary of St. Peter had a vision of the Sacred Heart of Jesus being delightfully wounded; and at the same time healed by love of those wounds caused by profanations of His Holy Name. She saw, "streaming from the Sacred Heart of Jesus, torrents of graces for the conversion of sinners."
With this Golden Arrow prayer, a person can "shoot directly into the Heart of God" to heal the wounds inflicted on it by the malice of sinners.
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable, most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored and glorified in Heaven, on Earth, and under the Earth by all the creatures of God and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar. Amen.
Devotions to the Holy Face of Jesus
Many saints throughout history have practiced devotions to the Holy Face of Jesus. Veronica was a holy woman who gave her veil to Jesus to wipe his face when He was carrying the cross to Calvary; Jesus rewarded her generosity by imprinting his face on it.
At the moment of the resurrection, the soul of Jesus went through the clothes that covered his body, this caused the image of his body to be imprinted on it. That cloth has been kept by the Church and is called the Shroud of Turin, it depicts the entire body of Christ in a negative form. This cloth was studied by scientists on different occasions. In 1978 NASA scientists, an agency of the United States federal government, studied the Holy Shroud and as part of their conclusions, they revealed sketches made by an artist that depict the holy face of Jesus. This is that image:
This image was obtained using techniques of image processing, from photographic negatives of the Shroud of Turin.
The beauty of the face of Jesus is the expression of the beauty of God. His beauty is incomparable; the face of Jesus in his humanity is a prelude of the great beatific vision that we will experience if we live a holy life and enter Heaven. In the meantime, we can see the face of Jesus in the face of our brothers and sisters, because Jesus is found in all of them, Jesus is the life that lives in every soul, therefore Jesus is to be found in the needs of our brothers and sisters. When we help someone in need, we have seen the face of Jesus already in that person, and God will recompense our charity.
The face of Jesus is found in human suffering; therefore, it helps a lot to meditate the Passion of Our Lord, because his suffering will move our souls to be compassionate with those who suffer.
Promises of Our Lord to those who venerate His Holy Face
1. "By My Holy Face you shall work miracles."
2. "By My Holy Face you will obtain the conversion of many sinners."
3. "Nothing that you ask in making this offering will be refused to you."
4. "If you knew how pleasing the sight of My Face is to My Father."
5. "As in a kingdom you can procure all you wish for with coin marked with the King’s effigy, so in the Kingdom of Heaven you will obtain all you desire with the Precious coin of My Holy Face."
6. "Our Lord has promised me that He will imprint His divine likeness on the souls of those who honour his most holy Countenance."
7. "All those who honour My Holy Face in a spirit of reparation, will be so doing perform the office of the pious Veronica."
8. According to the care you take in making reparation to My Face disfigured by blasphemies, so will I take care of yours which has been disfigured by sin. I will reprint therein My image and render it as beautiful as it was on leaving the Baptismal font."
9. "Our Lord has promised me, that all those who defend His cause in this work of reparation, by words, by prayers, or in writing. He will defend them before His Father; at their death He will purify their souls by effacing all the blots of sin and will restore to them their primitive beauty."
Prayer of Adoration to the Holy Face of Jesus
Lord Jesus, You are The Son of the living God, the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. Lord Jesus, Eternal Word of God, by Your command everything has been created.
Lord Jesus, we adore the beauty of Your Holy Face. You are Beauty itself, you have imprinted your beauty on all creatures great and small, beauty is Your signature. You have made human beings beautiful in your holy image, but we have desecrated that Holy Image in our souls by our sinfulness; because of this, Your Holy Face was desecrated during your Passion, Agony and Death.
Lord Jesus, purify us, renew us, and restore us once again in the beauty of Your Holy Face. Make us beautiful once again to enjoy the beatific vision of your Face for all eternity. Amen.
Joseph of Jesus and Mary. God bless you!
Golden Prayer Work of God.